SACRAMENTO – The Office of Energy Infrastructure Safety (Energy Safety) today issued a Revision Notice for Liberty Utilities’ 2023-25 Wildfire Mitigation Plan. The revision notice identified five critical issues with Liberty Utilities’ WMP that must be satisfactorily addressed for the plan to be considered for approval. Liberty Utilities has 30 days to respond. Stakeholders will have an opportunity to submit comments within 15 calendar days of Energy Safety’s receipt of Liberty Utilities’ response.
The five critical issues include:
- Lack of a definitive response on procedures for independent review of risk modeling
- Decreased covered conductor targets
- Lack of an analysis on its strategy to address past-due work orders
- Asset inspection QA/QC pass rates not available
- Expulsion fuse replacement targets not provided
Energy Safety’s Liberty Utilities Revision Notice spells out required remedies that the electrical corporation must satisfactorily address or risk approval of it 2023-2025 WMP.
The Revision Notice includes a timetable for the process. Liberty Utilities’ response is due by October 7, public comments are due by October 23, reply comments are due by November 2, and Energy Safety is scheduled to release a draft WMP decision by December 22.
For additional help in posting a public comment, please visit Energy Safety’s public comment page.