In 2019, the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) initiated a project to create a vision, strategy, and roadmap to outline its efforts to systematically reduce the risk of ignition of wildfires from utility infrastructure. Under Wildfire Safety Division’s leadership, the final report—Reducing Utility-related Wildfire Risk—and supporting appendices were completed in 2020. With the Wildfire Safety Division’s transition into the Office of Energy Infrastructure Safety, Energy Safety will continue following this strategy and roadmap to address the growing wildfire risk in California.
To direct this effort, the Wildfire Safety Division defined longer-term objectives that will support the newly-formed Energy Safety, electrical corporations, and other stakeholders in working toward both near-term.
Below, users can find the final Strategic Roadmap, red-line versions reflecting incorporated stakeholder comments, and stakeholder comments on the draft Strategic Roadmap.
- Final Energy Safety Strategic Roadmap:
- Letter from WSD Requesting for Stakeholder Input on the Wildfire Safety Division’s Proposed Strategic Roadmap
- Comments regarding the Proposed Strategic Roadmap
- East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD)
- Energy Producers and Users Coalition
- Mussey Grade Road Alliance
- Pacific Forest Trust
- Public Advocates Office
- Rural County Representatives of California
- The Green Power Institute
- The Protect Our Communities Foundation