SACRAMENTO – The Office of Energy Infrastructure Safety (Energy Safety) will hold a virtual meeting on Tues, Dec. 6, 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. for public adoption of its Draft 2023-2025 Wildfire Mitigation Plan (WMP) Guidelines.
California’s electrical corporations are required to submit three-year WMPs and update them annually. Energy Safety is entering the next three-year WMP cycle by promulgating guidelines to ensure the utilities implement plans that will reduce catastrophic wildfire risk.
Energy Safety will take public comment, present an overview of the changes, and consider adoption of the 2023-2025 WMP Guidelines. The documents to be discussed are:
- 2023 – 2025 Wildfire Mitigation Plan Technical Guidelines
- 2023 – 2025 Wildfire Mitigation Plan Process and Evaluation Guidelines
- 2023 – 2025 Electrical Corporation Wildfire Mitigation Maturity Model
- 2023 – 2025 Electrical Corporation Wildfire Mitigation Maturity Survey
- 2023 – 2025 Independent Transmission Operator Supplement
To view the agenda and participate in the virtual meeting click here.