Governor Issues Proclamation Declaring May 3-9, 2020 as ”Wildfire Preparedness Week.”
- Governor Issues Proclamation Declaring May 3 – 9, 2020 as “Wildfire Preparedness Week.” The proclamation describes the increased risk of wildfires in the upcoming summer and fall wildfire season due to dry weather conditions this year. It also describes CAL FIRE and the California Board of Forestry and Fire Protection’s vegetation management efforts and programs. For Californians the proclamation recommends taking steps to prevent loss of life and property such as:
- Ensuring adequate defensible space around homes and buildings;
- Making homes more fire resistant;
- Preparing for an evacuation; and
- Visiting www.ReadyForWildfire.org to learn more about all aspects of fire safety and preparedness.