SAN FRANCISCO, February 10, 2020 – The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) is holding two workshops pertaining to the utility proposed 2020 Wildfire Mitigation Plans that were submitted to the CPUC on Feb. 7, 2020 for review.
Informational workshops will be held Feb. 18-19, 2020. The electrical corporations will individually present their proposed 2020 Wildfire Mitigation Plans and answer questions.
Technical workshops will be held Feb. 24-25, 2020. These workshops will examine specific elements of the utilities’ proposed 2020 Wildfire Mitigation Plans.
Agendas and information regarding both workshops will be posted on www.cpuc.ca.gov/wildfiremitigationplans. Workshops will be available via WebEx and listen-only call-in number, and will be recorded and posted to the CPUC’s Wildfire Mitigation Plans webpage. Please see below for WebEx and phone information.
A quorum of Commissioners may be present at both workshops, but no decisions will be made.
If specialized accommodations are needed to attend, such as language interpreters, please contact the CPUC’s Public Advisor’s Office at email@example.com or toll free at 866-849-8390 at least three business days in advance of the meeting.
The schedule for the CPUC’s consideration of the utilities’ proposed 2020 Wildfire Mitigation Plans is as follows:
- Feb. 18-19, 2020: Informational Workshops
- Feb. 24-25, 2020: Technical Workshops
- Apr. 7, 2020: Deadline for members of the public to submit comments on utility plans firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apr. 16, 2020: Deadline for electric corporations to submit reply comments email@example.com
- May 7, 2020: CPUC Wildfire Safety Division issues a Draft Resolution recommending approval or denial of utility Wildfire Mitigation Plans
- Jun. 11, 2020: First opportunity for CPUC Commissioners to vote on the Wildfire Safety Division’s Draft ResolutionThe CPUC regulates services and utilities, safeguards the environment, and assures Californians’ access to safe and reliable utility infrastructure and services. For more information on the CPUC, please visit www.cpuc.ca.gov.