Investor-Owned Utility Wildfire Mitigation Plans and Recommendations to Energy Safety
Assembly Bill 1054, signed into law in July 2019, created the California Wildfire Safety Advisory Board (WSAB or the Board), a board of independent experts. The Board reviews the Investor-Owned Utility Wildfire Mitigation Plans (WMP) and provides recommendations to the Office of Energy Infrastructure Safety (OEIS). The Board also provides recommendations to OEIS on the WMP Guidelines, Performance Metrics, and Safety Culture Assessment.
The Office of Energy Infrastructure Safety and the California Public Utilities Commission make the determination on whether to approve the WMPs of the Investor-Owned Utilities.
For more information:
- On the WMPs of the Large Investor-Owned Utilities, Small and Multi-Jurisdictional Utilities, and Independent Transmission Owners, please review the OEIS page on WMPs.
- On the Board’s Recommendations to the OEIS on the WMPs or the WMP Guidelines, please review the Board’s Publications page.
- On submitting comments to the Board, please review the Board’s dockets:
- WSAB Review of Publicly Owned Utility and Electric Cooperative Wildfire Mitigation Plans Case. This Case is for all comments relating to the Wildfire Mitigation Plans of Electric Publicly Owned Utility and Cooperative Wildfire Mitigation Plans that the Wildfire Safety Advisory Board reviews.
- WSAB Review of Investor-Owned Utility Wildfire Mitigation Plans Case. This Case is for any public comments related to the Board’s review of the Investor-Owned Utility and Small and Multi-Jurisdictional Utility Wildfire Mitigation Plans, as well as for future Guidelines, Performance Metrics, and Safety Culture Assessments of Investor-Owned Utility Wildfire Mitigation Plans.
Wildfire Safety Advisory Board
All inquiries may be submitted to email@example.com.